2012-08-05

The Calm Before the Storm

The blog is still a couple month out of date.  But we're getting closer.

Real Life: early August 2012.
This Post: backdated to January 10, 2012.

Between the summer of 2011 and "now" (Jan 2012), I put 1,000 miles on the suspension (with the ghetto alignment).  It drives great.  Minus the lack of power and the squishy all-season tires, the car is fantastic.

One day, I even had a flat tire on the way back from work.  In a properly stripped streetcar, you don't have a spare tire.  The nice police woman (ie ma'am... don't call female cops "officer", apparently) thought I stole the car.  But that's a different story.



With all the money in the brand-new parts, this sucker is NEVER seeing snow.  I parked it in the garage for good at the end of the fall, and basically left it there, completely ignoring it until now.  Word to the wise, never ask me to babysit your pets or children.

One beautiful January day, I decided to work on my Civic.

I put it on jack stands and called it a day.

As I'm doing this, my friend Andrew is restoring a Porsche 944, and he's making my progress look downright silly.  A link to his build website is somewhere towards the bottom of this page.  Please visit.


The next day:



gettin serious.
-kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment