2012-08-12

Interior... Part I

I've ignored it long enough, so time to take a break from engine room stuff and move on to the interior... ie unnecessary weight.

Take out the center consoles, take some pictures of stuff, and bam, the carpet is out.  Like magic.











The carpet has a mildewy smell.  Partially the fault of a leaky trunk, and partially my fault, when I forgot a bag of ice in the passenger's side during a summer day.  The carpet was destined for the trash heap from then.

Here's what you're left with.  From what I was able to gather from the Carfax back in 2009 (god i've had this car forever), the car spent time in NY, NJ, and OH... all states that have snow and road salt.  I'm very pleased that, besides dirt and some grime, it's pretty immaculate under the carpet, rust-wise.  I'm going to leave the melt-sheet in place, mostly because spending time to remove it will probably amount in very little.


No comments:

Post a Comment