2012-10-28

K20 In.


The time has arrived.  I took saturday to myself and did some final prep.  Took the airflow tube, rad hoses, and other crap off the engine.  Checked to make sure I had all the bolts I needed (turns out I was missing a few in the Hasport baggie, but found a couple around the garage).  Lifted the engine off the pallet (technically dragged it off… obviously the crane legs don't fit under the pallet).  Bolted the remaining brand-new, OEM stays to the firewall.  Then went to a halloween party.

Come sunday, some friends were coming over to help.  It's not really a high-manpower job, but the moral support was greatly appreciated.  My girlfriend brought over some pizzas and wings to go with the buckets-o-beer that I had waiting, so we made a little party of it.























At this point, we realized the driver's side bracket needs to come off before the engine goes in.







Now re-attach the Hasport driver's side bracket to the frame rail.  This includes the shim (not sure if I mentioned in a previous post) you need to use to take up ~2.5mm gap between bracket lower tab and frame rail lower surface.

























Please enjoy the pics of me grinning like an idiot with my newly-installed engine.

Even though I had been complaining about the Hasport brackets (missing bolts, weld bead on mating surface, shim required but not included, etc), I must say I am extremely impressed with how everything went together.  Lined up the passenger's side mount, raised the engine and installed the driver's side bracket, got underneath and bolted up the rear bracket.  No wrestling anything into place.  It all just fit.

Bottom line is, the easy part's done.  As expensive as this car has been so far, I still have a ways to go before she hits the road under her own power.

Time to sleep off all the beer I drank this weekend before going back to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment