2011-06-19

Final Assembly!

I'm still technically a few weeks behind in my updates because my car was driving around on June 8th.  But let's pretend that it's Sunday, June 5th, and I have some parts that still need to go on.  Here they are:



take a second to bask in the shininess of brand new parts.

You'll want to install the axles.  I tried to make this a one-man job (it basically has been so far) and juggling the axles was something I wanted to do delicately.  So I made Axle Hangers using a strap from some lunch box and a bunch of zip ties.

Here's how they work:  Set the axle (near the outer joint) in the hanger.  Guide the inner end of the axle into the transmission, being VERY CAREFUL not to damage the axle seals on the gearcase.  Basically the hanger supports the weight of the axle while allowing you to move it around and align it carefully into the gearbox.  If you eff this up, you'll need to replace the seals.  So don't botch it.







Now that the axles are in start putting other parts on:



Bolt up some of the other new parts:



PLEASE ENJOY some nice suspension pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment