2010-11-08

Current (lack of) progress

Here's what I'm looking at now:

got the front suspension down to this:

It's really nice how the camera flash brings out the rust on my parts.  The calipers are basically good for boat anchors at this point, so I'll try to score some new ones.

Here's the rest of my Integra RS:

In the pile, I have the rear trailing arms, all shocks (that need to be thrown away), a front crossmember, steering rack, and master power/master cylinder (maybe buried somewhere else), front swaybar, and some VW parts completely unrelated to this project.

Useful tools today:
Jegs ball joint splitter.  Works great with a big hammer.

Craftsman impact driver.  Everyone should own one.  This is great for getting out the rusted/stubborn screws that hold the rotor to the hub.  Especially useful when you use a big hammer.

Kobalt 4 pound "engineer's hammer" (?!).  Works great with anything that requires a big hammer.  See what 1/2*m*v^2 can do for you with this beast.

Now to dig through and figure out what I can reuse and what I can't.
-Jkwan

No comments:

Post a Comment